Friday, July 24, 2015

Five Minute Friday: 10 Years Ago


This post is part of the five minute Friday link up over at katemotaung.com. Bloggers have a one word prompt and must write a post in 5 minutes. This week's prompt is "ten." Head on over to Kate's blog to join in!


 


Ten Years Ago

Ten years ago around this time I was 15. I thought I knew everything, like most 15-year-olds do. My first serious boyfriend had just broken up with me and my world was over. In my mind we were supposed to graduate high school, go to the same college, get married and start a family. Needless to say, that didn't happen. 



If I could encourage 15-year-old me now I would tell her to move on. You are going to look back on this time and regret all of the time you wasted sulking. God's plans for your life are way beyond what you think they are now. He is using this situation to shape you into the woman he created you to be. Believe that and cling to it with all you've got.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Seek Him and you will find that love that you are so desperately searching for. His love is enough for you sweet girl.

6 comments:

  1. I always go running back to Isaiah 40:4, where God tells His people ". . . You are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to look back and regret. This post is perfect. Stopping in from the FMF!

    ReplyDelete