Monday, February 8, 2016

7 Scriptures to Pray Over Your Husband

 As a wife, do you feel an overwhelming responsibility for your husband's physical, spiritual and mental well being? I've been there. I used to be the wife who thought it was her duty to fix her husband. From small annoyances to big issues, I thought if I didn't guide him in the way he should I wanted him to go, he would never change. I would Google ways to change him, nag him constantly, whatever it took. But In the end, spiritual back pain was all that came of my efforts to shoulder problems that weren't mine to solve. When I finally figured out that it wasn't my job to fix my husband, that his "problems" were between him and God, I experienced freedom from the false sense of responsibility I had carried around and my husband actually began to change. I know it's not easy to give up the control. As women, we think it's our job to take care of everything and everyone. But, the Bible says that we are to be still and know that HE is God (Psalm 46:10). Did you catch that? He is God, we are not. We have to learn how to get out of his way and allow Him to do what only He can do. The best way to do that is to get down on our knees, speak our requests and allow Him to do the rest.

Below you will find 7 scriptures to help you start praying for your husband today! Meditate on them, write them down, say them just as they are. Whatever you do, I believe there is so much power in praying God's word back to Him.

praying for your husband

1. For Good Health
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God with your body."  
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

2. For Strength in Hard Times

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 

3. For Godly Friends

"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." 
 Proverbs 13:20

"Do not be deceived: bad company ruins good morals."  
1 Corinthians 15:33  

4. For a Passion for God

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."          
 Mark 12:30  

5. For Protection From Evil

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me." Psalm 138:7  

6. For Wisdom

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:2

7. For Joy

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 


I know that many times we feel like we are fighting a losing battle, that even if we are praying for our husbands, our prayers aren't being heard or that they are too big. I want to encourage you tonight that God is capable of immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). Even when it's taking longer than we would like and the results aren't exactly what we asked for, you can rest assured that while you are still, He is hard at work.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment